Blog Archive

Friday, August 26, 2016

"Tiaras & Glass Slippers"

   

     Hello there lovely ladies! It's good to be with you all again. My sincerest apologies for how incredibly long it has been since we were last together like this. I'm hoping my schedule will become a little more free soon. Cause I like you... Hehe.

     I decided to change things up a little this time around... Therefore I'm bringing you "Tiaras & Glass Slippers" today instead of on a Saturday. Sort of as a celebration of having a moment to write a blog post again. (insert wink face)

Today's sub-title is "Date Yourself".................................

     I won't make this long, but I just wanted to take the time to let you know that sometimes you need to take time to date yourself. What I mean by this is... Every now and then you need to take yourself on a date with yourself. It's super important to take time for yourself so you don't burn out. Plus there's something about it that makes you come alive. I think it's because of the following... 

1. It's a time where you are treating yourself.

2. It's a time where you are loving yourself.

3. It's a time where you are putting yourself first for once.

4. It's a time where you can finally draw away from life for a little bit and just breathe.

5. It's a time where you can reflect on life with less distractions.

     It is not wrong for you to love yourself, or even treat yourself. In fact it is very healthy to do so. It boosts your self-esteem greatly, and improves your outlook on life. Once you start appreciating yourself you can start appreciating those around you as well. Life suddenly becomes a lot more beautiful!

     Very often in life you need to put others first, but when you take yourself on a date you finally get a chance to put YOU first. It's not about being selfish, but simply about fighting for yourself and taking a break to refresh so you can step back into the world of people energized. Of course by this I don't mean you get the right to step all over people when you go on these dates. Obviously you still need to show respect to those around you.

     Going on a date with yourself is very relaxing. You for once don't have people hounding you for your time. Especially if you put your phone aside... Create an atmosphere of calm so you can intentionally breathe for a change. However, by this I'm not saying you can't take yourself on adventurous adrenaline dates. By all means! I'm sure that's relaxing for you if that's who you are.

     And last but not least... Reflect. These dates are perfect for checking into the "inner recesses of your heart" to see what is going on in there. Don't overthink it, but instead recognize God's presence and see where he leads. Yes, sometimes you will have to be super intentional about working through things, but most times just go with the flow. It truly is a great opportunity for self-growth.

     All this being said I would like to show you a peek into my most recent date... I dressed myself up in something comfortable yet classier than sweats (picture of outfit to follow). Then I packed up my laptop and headed off to "The Coffee Shoppe", only one of the best places in all of North America! Not exaggerating! My music was cranked and I was enjoying myself. I ordered some delicious supper, a Panini and a Fresas Con Crema, and then I sat and edited images from a recent photo shoot I did. I'm telling you was it ever so relaxing! And that was where I decided I should become more intentional with going on dates with myself! 

     And I would encourage you to do the same :) I'd also love to hear in the comments below what you've done on dates with yourself, or what you would like to do next...




And the outfit I wore that night...


  • Spaghetti Strap Tank Top - Walmart
  • Jeggings - Plato's Closet
  • Long Cardigan - Bluenotes
  • Laptop Bag - Walmart
  • 99 cent Flip Flops - Walmart
     {Quick side note... Walmart is a great place to shop! Don't hate :P}




2 comments:

  1. It's so good to see you blogging again, my dear! Going on a date with yourself is a great idea. I need to find time for that... A coffeeshop and a good book sound amazing right now. :)

    Side note: I recently bought a cardigan from Bluenotes very much like the one you're wearing! Twins! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to be back Tracey! And cheers to being twins ;D

    ReplyDelete