Blog Archive

Thursday, June 23, 2016

To All the Scared...

"I feel so alone. I feel like I can't trust anybody. The world is falling apart all around me. It's all so confusing, and I can't make sense of it. I feel like I'm drowning. But I also feel like I'm trapped in a space that is growing ever smaller. I'm broken, and I feel irreparable. I feel like I'm a glass vase that has been shattered."

"Will I ever be able to get up off the ground, or is this what the rest of my life is going to look like? Because this I cannot stand! This, whatever this is, is too empty. It's too painful. It sucks! And I want out!"

Do these thoughts sound familiar to you? They do to me. I've gone through seasons in my life where those thoughts rang all too loud in my head. One of these days I'll dive further into details, but for now you know what? There is a light at the end of what sometimes seems to be a very long tunnel. There is a God who is more powerful than we could ever fathom! You are a child of the Almighty King and he's got you! He's protecting you and keeping you from all harm. 

Psalms 46 in the Voice translation has helped me tremendously in trusting God's steadfastness. So in hopes it will be of encouragement to you as well, I've included it in this post. I highly recommend personalizing it as it has the opportunity to go so much deeper when you do. 


God is our shelter and our strength. When troubles seem near, God is nearer, and He’s ready to help. So why run and hide?
 
No fear, no pacing, no biting fingernails. When the earth spins out of control, we are sure and fearless. When mountains crumble and the waters run wild, we are sure and fearless.
 
Even in heavy winds and huge waves,
or as mountains shake, we are sure and fearless.

A pure stream flows—never to be cut off—bringing joy to the city where God makes His home, the sacred site where the Most High chooses to live.
 
The True God never sleeps and always resides in the city of joy;
He makes it unstoppable, unshakable.
When it awakes at dawn, the True God has already been at work...

God’s voice thunders and the earth shakes.
 
You know the Eternal, the Commander of heavenly armies, surrounds us and protects us;
the True God of Jacob is our shelter, close to His heart.

Come, gaze, fix your eyes on what the Eternal can do. Amazing...
 
God can stop wars anywhere in the world. He can make scrap of all weapons: snap bows, shatter spears, and burn shields.
 
“Be still, be calm, see, and understand I am the True God. I am honored among all the nations. I am honored over all the earth.”
 

You know the Eternal, the Commander of heavenly armies, surrounds us and protects us;
the True God of Jacob is our shelter, close to His heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment