Blog Archive

Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Infinity Dreams Blog Award


     Good evening ladies. How are you doing tonight? I just want to start off tonight by apologizing for once again posting late. These last several weeks have been so extremely busy, and they don't show any signs of stopping. So because of that I regret to inform you that I will not be back to my blog before the end of March. But it's all for a good reason though. My best friend is getting married!! I am so excited for the adventure that is her wedding! So because my brain has been scattered all over the place lately, I will be doing a lighthearted post today. Luckily I had this uncompleted post stored up so I could complete it for your enjoyment today. A while back I once again got nominated by my wonderful friend Tracey to take part in a tag. So you may, or may not, learn something new about me today. Haha. 

     "As a side note I'd love to take a moment here to mention what an incredible inspiration Tracey has been to me. The way she writes captures my heart every time, and the words she speaks have such a gentle flow. She is a wonderful friend to have, and she has been such a great encouragement to me in this blogging process, as well as just in life in general. You should totally go check out her blog."

     Ok, so how this works is I must mention 11 facts about myself, as well as answer the questions put out for me. And hey, if you'd like to you can totally feel free to answer the questions as well, below in the comment section. So here goes...

     Eleven Facts About Myself


     1. If there is one thing in this world that puts a smile on my face, and a joy in my heart it is horses. I cannot thank God enough for creating such a beautiful creature! (Yes, I have mentioned this a gazillion times already.)


     2. One of my favorite hobbies is doing surveys. Seriously, if I could do it all day I would. If I could have it as my career I would. I mean, who doesn't love answering a whole whack-load of questions?

     3. BBQ Sauce and popcorn are two of my obsessions. Hmmm... I've never tried the two combined though... I wonder...

     4. Oh, and my newest obsession... Drum roll please! Airhead Extremes Candy

     5. I am the oldest child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. It's a pretty good feeling. Hehe.

     6. I loathe the cold, so my favorite season is summer. Spring is the most beautiful, but as far as weather is concerned summer takes first place. I really really dislike humidity though, so I guess that's a disadvantage of summer.

     7. This summer I came to realize that I LOVE to work within the house. Cleaning, cooking, making pies, laundry, canning, the whole enchilada. Except for baking. I'm still working on enjoying that one. I hate following recipes for fear that I'll mess up. But I did make some to live for sugar cookies, so I guess I'm improving.

     8. I always tuck my hair behind my ears. Always. It is insanely uncomfortable for me to have my hair hanging in my face, plus with my protruding ears my hair ends up behind them no matter what I do.

     9. I do not drink Dr. Pepper due to a hot desert experience I had. I am now sick of it, and will often rather drink nothing than take a sip of Dr. Pepper. I'm a Coke and Pepsi girl (depending of course on which country I'm in).

     10. I have never been on a roller coaster, and if the day ever does come it means that the miracle of all miracles has happened. It does not look fun to me, it does not look like a joyride to me. I prefer doing things like going to museums or rodeos. They do not cause me to barf. A much safer option I'd say. Haha

     11. And hmmm... What should be my last fact... Oh, I know!! I am someone who gets to say that I almost broke my nose once. Interesting story involving my brother and I. But before you jump to conclusions I will jump in and say that it was in fact my fault. So there's nobody to blame but myself. Aha. We didn't know though that it was broken until much later, so to this day I have a tiny little bump on my nose. But don't worry. I'm fine!


Eleven Questions  

1. Describe the most recent dream you can remember having.
     - I can't remember my last dream, other than that we weren't supposed to look at the pictures hanging on the wall at my work. Whatever that's all about...

2. "To infinity and beyond!" Who's your favorite Toy Story character?
     To be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of Toy Story as a kid. So because it's been awhile since I've seen Toy Story I had to go watch the trailer on YouTube to even remember who is all in it. I don't know if I have a specific favorite. However I do know that the the dinosaur and the pig crack me up every single time. Their voices, or something about them, is just so darn hilarious!

3. If Iron Man and Captain America were pitted against each other, who would you root for?
     - Interestingly enough this has actually become a thing since this question got asked. And I'm telling you, oh my goodness!! Such a hard question!! And yet totally not. I mean obviously I'd root for Captain America because, well, he's AWESOME!! But I love, and I mean love, Iron Man's humor. I can not tell you how many times I have almost died laughing because of him. Yeah, Civil War is gonna be tough. Dang it!

4. What are your top three favorite things about autumn?
     - Well, the funny thing is (ahem), I don't like autumn. Don't shoot, don't shoot! I realize I'm practically the only person on the planet who does not like autumn. But let's see if I can still come up with something I do like about it... Autumn means that Christmas is one step closer to being here. Yes, I am one of those Christmas nuts, who starts thinking about it in October. Another thing I like about autumn is that it's one step closer to my birthday. And yes, I start thinking about and planning my birthday 3 months in advance. I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything else. 

5. When's your prime time: morning, midday, or late at night?
     - Late at night. For the last couple of years 1:00 a.m. has been my average bedtime. It's something I have mixed emotions about. I know it's not healthy for me, and I haven't felt rested since I formed that habit. But why does it have to be so much darn fun staying up late?!?!

6. You've been handed the leash of an emperor's pet tiger--quick, what do you do with it?
     Ummm... Be terrified? Duh! I don't have a hot clue what I would do, so let's hope that opportunity never presents itself!

7. Do you have any preparatory rituals for anything?
     I guess I could say this has become a bedtime preparatory ritual. Every night before I turn off the lamp beside my bed, I drink like a cup of water. I don't know why, but I drink most of my water right before bed. 

8. Favorite song artist? 
     - Oh my goodness! I have way too many! So to make this easier on everyone I'll just share my most recent favorite. Andy Grammer. He's one of the only artists who has ever been able to get me grooving. If that's even a word anymore... Haha.
     

9. Name a real-life hero of yours.
     - Corrie ten Boom. Her story has been one of the most inspirational to me. The amount of Jews her and her family were able to save during the Holocaust, and her perseverance as she slaved away in Ravensbruck, are absolutely incredible. 

10. What's your goal in blogging?
     - I want you to know that you are loved, and that you are beautiful. I want you to know that you are never alone.

11. Name a film couple you shipped that ended up sinking. (in other words which movie couple didn't stay together even though you wanted them to)
     - SPOILER ALERT (it's an old one from Heartland, but for some of you it's a spoiler alert nonetheless) Scott and Lou. I always hoped they'd be a thing, but alas.


Well. it appears our time together has come to an end, for now. I pray you have a great night! And I will be back at the end of March. Love y'all! 









No comments:

Post a Comment