Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Happy New Years!


     2016 is fast approaching. Yet another year has gone by, and a new one appears seemingly out of thin air. It's days like the last few that I find myself wondering if I can make it through another year feeling like it was a success...

     I'll be honest. I'm scared. When I look at last year and all the changes it brought, and then look at this new year and see there will be far more changes, I could stay standing shaking in my boots. When I think about the fact that I'll be turning 20 within a matter of days I could almost lose my mind. I mean, leaving the teenage years behind forever is a big deal.  Also, when I look at all my close friends and family starting to get married off, and here I stand. You get the idea?

     The last several days have been especially hard. My brain has been filled way beyond its capacity, and I've been straining myself to end 2015 off perfectly in order to start my 2016 perfectly. Needless to say it was causing me a lot of stress, and I was starting to feel anxious because of it. It's no fun having trouble breathing, and wondering "Am I really going insane?". I put so much on my plate. All good and well-meaning stuff. But I was letting it get to my brain too much. You know when you over complicate things? Yeah, that's been me. In the process of trying to declutter my life I made it a thousand times more cluttered. 

     For a couple days already I had known some of our family were going to climb that beautiful mountain you see in the picture above. I really didn't want to go because I'm not much of a hiker, plus with having so much on my plate I just didn't know how I'd ever get it all done if I did go. But when Tuesday evening rolled around I got this feeling I should go. I felt like God was saying it would be a super good breather for me with all that was going on inside my head. And you know what? God knew exactly what he was talking about! I spent the majority of today in the mountains breathing fresh air, clearing my head, and catching up on all the exercise I didn't do throughout the year {haha}. It was absolutely incredible. So many things in my brain shifted back into place. And the beauty of the surroundings all around me made room for fresh excitement and hope for life to arise. I felt the anxiety start to melt away, and peace begin to take its place. I heard God speaking to me in ways I hadn't allowed myself to listen for awhile. 

     I came home completely and totally exhausted, and oh so very sore. BUT with a new perspective grounded in me for this upcoming year. I had been inspired to keep on walking this journey called life. And I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is going to be taking the journey with me. He will be by my side every step of the way. He will never leave me or forsake me. He will be my guide when the going gets rough as well as when the road is smooth. I have nothing to fear because God is in control, and He's got insanely good plans for me this year, which will blow me away. But this is not just for me... This is absolutely for you as well! 2016 can be your best year yet! That's sure as heck what God has planned! Are you ready to take Him up on the offer?

     One last thing before I sign off for tonight... Several years ago I was inspired to try out something new, and I would now like to encourage you to give it a whirl. Instead of making all sorts of New Year's resolutions you know you'll never be able to keep, simply choose one word you want to focus on all throughout the year. Last year my word was risk, and I'm telling you I grew in ways I never imagined possible. So this year I am once again choosing one word. And that word is, LIVE. I feel God calling me to live this year like never before. To live courageously, to live joyfully, to live willingly. For this reason and many more I cannot wait to see what this coming year, 2o16, will hold for me. 

     But regardless of what attitude you decide to have towards the New Year, please hear me out when I say that you do NOT need to be afraid! 2016 has the makings to be your best year yet. Are you going to let it be just that?? 

     Happy New Years!!    With love, Wynonah

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! And such a great reminder to relax, breathe, and enjoy life! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete