Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Warrior Princess, Arise!

 
 

     I had the privilege of being at an amazing women's conference last week. I left with a better understanding of who I am in Christ, and I left totally inspired. I don't know if you have ever heard of Matthew and Caroline Barnett, but they are doing something incredible in the city of Los Angeles. You should check out their website, www.dreamcenter.org, to get a glimpse of the amazing things they're doing. Anyway, Caroline was one of the speakers at this conference. And listening to the stories she shared woke my heart up again. I had known for awhile already that my heart was lying dormant. I knew I needed my passion to get aroused again. So when my heart started waking up at this conference, I realized I needed to get moving.

     I think this is something that a lot of us, if not all of us, have in common. At one point or another we've been passionate about something, but then something happens or nothing happens, and we fall into the pit of inaction. We once had all these high dreams and plans for what we wanted to accomplish. We all wanted to be world-changers. But fear, doubt, confusion, and uncertainty sometimes have a way of bringing us down. Oftentimes we know exactly what it is that we want to do, but don't have a clue how or even when to do it. And then other times we don't even have a clue what. All we know is that we should be doing something.

     You see inside each of us is the undying desire to do something greater than ourselves. The desire to make a difference. And what is so awesome about this desire is that God has gifted each of us with our own special and unique skill sets, talents, and passions. It's these things that are our tools for this mission set in front of us. Each one of us is called to action, but many of us do not take up the opportunity. We sit back. We think someone else will do it. We're too afraid to get off the bench and into the game. I'm not going to lie. The game is very risky and it is not always easy. But it is ALWAYS worth it.

     Every single one of our purposes is very simply put, to love God and love others. To make His name known, and glorify it. That is it! But each of us will fulfill that purpose in different ways. That's where our skill sets and talents come in. That's where our passion comes in. And this is where it gets interesting! The variety of passions is all over the map! Even just within my friends and family there are already so many different passions it's unbelievable. Dance, music, kids, teens, dentistry, sewing, hospitality, writing, horses... You name it! Since everyone has a different passion work gets done a lot quicker and a lot more effectively. It's truly awesome how wonderful God designed it!

     Today's blog post is a call to action. I know we can get overwhelmed sometimes. I mean we feel like the big bad wolf is out there huffing and puffing, trying to get the world to collapse completely yet. But God has given us the ability to change that! He is saying, "My daughter, my warrior princess, the world is waiting for you to step into the game. And I have given you everything you'll need. You are not alone in this fight against evil, for I am with you unto the end. You got this!" 

     A lot of my post today comes from Caroline Barnett's. One of the things she mentioned is there are 2.1 billion Christians around the world, and almost 5 million churches. Whoa!! With that kind of an army what can we not accomplish for Christ! God does not want to see these injustices we're seeing all over take place. It breaks His heart to see how broken our world is! But instead of rising up, we sit on our couches watching the horrors of evil happening all around us. And then we have the nerve to blame God for it! Listen to me! Jesus did everything He could do personally on Earth. Now He's waiting for us Christians to step up to the plate so that His work can continue through us. Doing even greater things than have ever been done before!! We are the ones who keep allowing the devil to take a firmer hold on hearts across the globe. But this needs to stop NOW! He has absolutely no right to keep hurting the broken. It's time that we, the Warrior Princesses, rise up! It's time that we, the Warrior Princesses, let the devil know that he can run straight back to hell where he belongs! This is our time, this is our cause, and we will fight for it to the very end! 

     "Are you in? Will you arise, my Warrior Princess?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

I would like to encourage you to watch Caroline Barnett's message. It's a 40 minute video, but it is totally worth it. She shares many passion-triggering stories that I'm sure will touch your heart. Here is the link... https://youtu.be/kEm0gXumFic















2 comments:

  1. Thank you for a post that jostles us out of our complacency, Wynonah. We get too comfortable sometimes and lose sight of our purpose here, our mission. And you're right, it is such a beautiful thing the way the King equips His warriors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I realized that I had done it for too long, Tracey. And what is more beautiful than Warrior Princesses arising?! :D

    ReplyDelete