Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Enough - What Does God Say


"My peace is the legacy I leave to you." 

     Such beautiful words by Jesus... Over the last several weeks we've been on a journey discovering that we are in fact enough. So to close off the series tonight I decided to share with you some verses that are very near and dear to my heart, and I believe God speaks powerfully through them. These are verses that can build you up when you're feeling down in the dumps, and even when you're feeling on top of the world. I love the idea of personalizing verses, but I know you all have busy lives so I've gone ahead and done it for you. I pray these verses touch your heart, and that you'll allow God's love to be revealed to you through them. 

______________________________

Jesus has left me with  a gift - peace of heart and mind. The peace that He gives is a gift the world cannot give. So because of that I do not need to be troubled or afraid. {John 14:27 NLT}


See, God has come to save me. I will trust in Him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; He has given me victory. {Isaiah 12:2 NLT}


Overwhelming victory is mine through Christ, Who loves me. {Romans 8:37 NLT}


Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. {Isaiah 41:10 NLT}


The peace of God (a peace that is beyond any and all of our human understanding) will stand watch over my heart and mind in Jesus, the Anointed One. {Philippians 4:7 The Voice}


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. {Philippians 4:13 NKJV}


Just ask and it will be given to you; seek after it and you will find. Continue to knock and the door will be opened for you. All who ask receive. Those who seek, find what they seek. And he who knocks, will have the door opened. {Matthew 7:7-8 The Voice}


Father, out of Your honorable and glorious riches, strengthen me. Fill my soul with the power of Your Spirit so that through faith the Anointed One will reside in my heart. May love be the rich soil in which my life takes root. May it be the bedrock on which my life is founded so that together with all of Your people I will have the power to understand that the love of the Anointed is infinitely long, wide, high, and deep, surpassing everything I have previously experienced. God, may Your fullness flood through my entire being. To the God who can do so many awe-inspiring things, immeasurable things, things greater than I ever could ask or imagine, to Him be all glory. {Ephesians 3:16-21 The Voice}


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. {Jeremiah 29:11 NIV}


For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 
{2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV}


"You did not choose Me. I chose you..." {John 15:16 The Voice}


But no matter what comes, I will always taste victory through Him who loves me. For I have every confidence that nothing—not death, life, heavenly messengers, dark spirits, the present, the future, spiritual powers, height, depth, nor any created thing—can come between us and the love of God... 
{Romans 8:37-39 The Voice}


Therefore, if I am united with the Anointed One, I am a new creation. The old life is gone—and see—a new life has begun! All of this is a gift from my Creator God, who has pursued me and brought me into a restored and healthy relationship with Him through the Anointed... 
{2 Corinthians 5:17-18 The Voice}


God chose me to be in a relationship with Him even before He laid out plans for this world; He wanted me to live a holy life characterized by love... He destined me to be adopted as His daughter through the covenant Jesus the Anointed inaugurated in His sacrificial life. This was His pleasure and His will for me. Ultimately God is the One worthy of praise for showing me His grace; He is merciful and marvelous, freely giving me these gifts in His Beloved. {Ephesians 1:4-6 The Voice}


For I am the product of His hand, heaven’s poetry etched on my life, created in the Anointed, Jesus, to accomplish the good works God arranged long ago. {Ephesians 2:10 The Voice}

______________________________


In closing I just want to agree with Paul when he says, 
     "I am confident that the Creator, who has begun such a great work among you, will not stop in mid-design but will keep perfecting you until the day Jesus the Anointed, our Liberating King, returns to redeem the world." {Philippians 1:6 The Voice}








































































2 comments:

  1. Personalizing verses is so powerful! They suddenly take on a fresh spin, and I think it does something to our hearts to read (and speak) them like that. I'm really loving the wording in the Voice translation, especially Ephesians 3:16-21 and Philippians 1:6. Thanks, Wynonah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Tracey! Personalizing verses is one of the most powerful things I've learned. It brings the Bible into a whole new light, plus for me it goes straight to the heart easier. P.S. The Voice translation is my favorite! It brings such a fresh perspective.

    ReplyDelete