Blog Archive

Saturday, August 29, 2015

"Tiaras & Glass Slippers"

                                     

     Hello beautiful ladies! Tonight calls for a spontaneous blog post. I'm so beyond excited that I'm surprised you can't hear me squealing!! Hehe. 

     Reason #1 My best friend, Michelle, came to visit all the way from Canada! After not seeing her for almost two months it was a breath of fresh air to receive one of her absolutely fantastic hugs! (Her hugs are from the best!)

     Reason #2 I got to go to a wedding today. Don't weddings just make the sun shine a little bit brighter? They have this way of putting a pep in your step. It's truly wonderful! Let's just say I came alive seeing such beauty. (Oh, and by the way Michelle was a bridesmaid at the wedding, so I got a double dose of coming alive.)

     Reason #3 Tonight is my first fashion post!! This is something that I've been dreaming of doing for a long time, and today it's becoming a reality!! 

     So first, an introduction to what I call "Tiaras & Glass Slippers"... I strongly believe that every woman wants to be beautiful! And I think it's safe to say that the majority of us, if not all of us, have dreamed of being a princess at some point in our life. We always wanted to be the beauty who could dazzle, because in those moments we felt alive. But somewhere along the way we decided to lock that girl into the closet. And we told her she was never to come out because living in a "fantasy world" just wasn't worth it to us anymore. 

     But what if I told you that it is worth it? And what if I told you that it's not even wrong to want to be beautiful? See this desire of beauty is one that God placed within each of us women right at the very beginning. Right at Creation God decided he wanted to create the cherry on top! (Even though I don't like cherries, I love that analogy!) So he created you and me to be gorgeous! Each of us have our own unique features; let's face it, the world would be horrifyingly mundane were we all the same. I for one am glad that we are all different!

     So what does that have to do with "Tiaras & Glass Slippers"? Well, I want this fashion segment to be about celebrating our unique differences, and about letting that little princess back out into the world. I want to encourage you through this fashion segment to let her come alive again. Radiate the beauty that I know for a fact lies deep down there somewhere. We're all princesses, of sorts, at heart. Hence the name...

     So what these fashion segments are going to look like is as follows...
  1. In every fashion segment an outfit will be featured along with details of where it was       bought.
  2. Occasionally there will be extra stuff included like tips, inspiration, random topics, and so forth.
  3. And I'd love to hear from you in the comments below on your fashion. I don't know everything, so I'd be more than interested to see what makes you come alive.

     So in closing, my outfit in the above picture from today at the wedding (excuse the quality)...
  • Top Layer Tank Top - Gordmans
  • Lower Layer Tank Top - I've had it so long I can't recall where I got, but it's dang comfy!
  • Skirt - Papaya
  • Shoes - Rack Room Shoes
  • Necklace - www.watoto.com This is a cause that touches my heart deeply. Feel free to check out the website, and while you're at it go check out their online store. Amazing stuff, for amazing prices.

     Well, that's all for now Beautiful Ladies. Looking forward to hearing from you as we go on this journey together! Goodnight, and till next time. Remember YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!!













2 comments:

  1. Ooh, so this is going to be a regular feature? Fun!
    And I was delighted to see yours and Michelle's smiling faces! You two look gorgeous! :D Missing you both.
    The part about every woman desiring to be beautiful reminds me of a certain book I'm in the middle of reading...a really good one... (*hint hint*) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Tracey, this is going to be a fairly regular feature. :) Beauty is quite the wonderful topic so I wanted to devote some of my time to it! (Yes, wink wink right back atcha)

    ReplyDelete